Join us for our 46th Annual Powwow and Cultural Activities taking place September 15-17.
A traditional Lakota (Sioux) powwow helps Native American children, like those at St. Joseph’s Indian School, share their culture, heritage and traditions with friends like you from around the nation.
Since 1976, St. Joseph’s Indian School has hosted an annual weekend of Lakota culture on our Chamberlain, South Dakota campus.
Visitors are welcomed and encouraged to attend many or all of our powwow activities.
Guests enjoy free Native American cultural activities like:
- A thiyóšpaye — extended family — banquet on Friday night
- Tours of St. Joseph’s campus, school and the children’s homes
- An all day powwow dance competition for Lakota children of all ages
- Equine Therapy Barn Dedication – Meet the Horses
- Traditional Lakota (Sioux) meals
- And much, much more!!